Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update 11/2/11

So Aiden had his eye apt, and it went better than I had anticipated, he didnt throw a huge fit and cry! No instead after the nurse dialated his eyes and sent us back out to wait he fell asleep! But from what the nurse witnessed they believe he can see the dr said that everything is structurally good, he does have a slight stigmatism but there is nothing that they would do for it at this time, she said that it is very possible that he has moments of coming in and out of sight, or that basically the brain isnt registering the information right but without seeing it she cant say.... So we get to keep him seeing her on a pretty regular basis... And see what happens... they

We also had our consultation for the helmet... Of corse it was with Emanual, and it has just reiterated why I will never place my foot in their doors again!!! The dr was horrible! She either treated me like I was 5 or talked to me like I was a dr and knew what the hell she was talking about.... Then she proceeded in not so many words to tell me I was lying... I told her at night I turn his head and the fact he sleeps through the night he for the most part will stay that way, she flat out said I find that hard to believe, several times!! Then they proceed to tell me that the helmets are very rarely covered by health insurance, that they consider it "cosmetic" .... So I call the lady today because they said if anyone can get it through insurance its her... She basically tells me no, they dont ever see it covered and they can just give me the prescription and I can shop it around.... Neadless to say they havnt even tried to run it through the insurance.... Awesome!!! I wonder where they send their employees for customer service training??? Vent over... Lol On a happier note Aiden had such a great time on halloween!! He loved the front pack and we even gave him his first sucker!!! He LOVED it even cried when daddy took it away! Then we decided if he wants it that bad he'll work for it! Lol so we made him hold it and put it in his mouth himself! Lol he did it!!! Made my heart melt!


No comments:

Post a Comment